https://mac-old.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/mac_old_rec.png 0 0 Jennifer Robinson https://mac-old.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/mac_old_rec.png Jennifer Robinson2022-10-19 09:09:102022-10-19 09:09:10Controlled Goods Clearance Information
Point of contact for M&O: Matthew Bellefontaine (Security Officer) 902-830-2048
Enclosed is the documentation that you are required to complete to proceed with submitting your clearance application.
Controlled Goods Program – Security Assessment Application
1. Completing Fingerprinting & Criminal Record Check:
- Call your local RCMP detachment to book a fingerprinting appointment for Controlled Goods Program.
- Fill out form in advance of your appointment. Within the Controlled goods package, you are asked about your past employers, please include a name and a number to verify your employment history.
- Once at the station, get your fingerprints taken for a certified criminal record check. This has also been called certified criminal record check for the Private sector. (These fingerprints cost $25)
- The results of the criminal record check will be mailed within 10-15 days. These can be mailed to the applicant or directly to MacKinnon & Olding to avoid any delays.
- M&O Office address: 8 Ralston Ave | Dartmouth, NS B3B 1H7
- Note: If the applicant does not have a criminal record, the applicant can use the Commissionaires named based online Fingerprint processes and have the results emailed to them within an hour. This is only an option for those without a criminal record, anyone with a record will have to complete the Fingerprint process at the RCMP only, as outlined above. The Commissionaires finger printing is $55 + HST.
2. Submit forms and documents to M&O Office:
- Return the completed forms to a company Security Officer at M&O Office at 8 Ralston Avenue, Dartmouth, NS.
- Bring the mailed certified criminal record check if it was not sent directly to M&O.
- You will be required to supply us with a copy of:
- Your Birth Certificate or Canadian citizenship card.
- Your Canadian passport, Nexus card, Firearms license, Driver’s license, provincial photo card, student authorization/study permit, employment authorization/work permit or a certificate of Indian status.
- If you cannot supply your birth certificate or citizenship card, you must supply 3 copies of above-mentioned IDs.
- An M&O Security Officer will review your Security Assessment Application when it is brought to the office.
Please contact the Union to arrange your safety training. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the office at (902) 468-5157.